Dizzy Izzy & Ernst

Dizzy Izzy & Ernst
Dizzy Izzy & Ernstl

Thursday 4 January 2018

First day in the cultural triangle - Anuradhapura & Mihintale

We spent the whole morning on the sites of Anuradhapura and took way too many pictures of stupas, shrines, pilgrims ...





... there were even some cheeky monkeys eating the offerings ...


... and a very cute hermit monk from the forest (he smiled after I took the pic, clearly surprised by my action)


In the afternoon, and I still don't know how, we moved on to Mihintale - the climbing in the sun and without shoes and hat was not easy, but what a view!!




We even got a blessing from a very sweet Thai monk that had walked 250 Km from Colombo airport together with other 39 monks as a sign of peace for Sri Lanka ...


I'm not going to comment on the last pic of the day, I'm just saying that a three-wheeler may well be the way to go for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment